Our winter adaptive ski program starts in early January and runs for 8 Saturdays. Students can ski for four (4) Saturdays in one of 2 groups as outlined below:
Winter 2013 Season Schedule:
REGULAR WINTER PROGRAM
January 5th, 2013
January 12th, 2013
January 19th, 2013
January 26th, 2013
February 2nd, 2013
February 9th, 2013
February 16th, 2013
February 23th, 2013
INSTRUCTOR & HELPER TRAINING
December 8, 2012 - For new instructors and helpers only
December 15, 2012- For all (new & returning) instructors and helpers
March 2, 2013 - Instructor's Day
SOLDIER ON SKI FEST
February 3rd to 8th, 2013: Program for injured soldiers.
This season, we intend on doing some mobile demonstrations at other ski hills.
Early registration is strongly recommended as there is limited space per group. To register, please click here: Register online
The cost is $240 for a 4-week program which includes: a lift ticket (ski pass), adaptive equipment, private lesson with two (2) instructors plus a contribution towards the repair of equipment, and instructor training.
Please DO NOT send in your payment by cheque until we confirm that you have secured a spot in the program. We will be confirming if you have a space at the latest December 20th, 2012.
As there are limited spots we remind you of the importance to do the following as soon as possible:
1. Register online
2. Once you have a spot confirmed by us, please send us:
- two (2) passport photos: one for your ski pass and one for your file. You can obtain these pictures at Uniprix, Jean Coutu, or Walmart for a minimal fee.
- a cheque or money order in the amount of $240 payable to A.S.F and mail to: Adaptive Sports Foundation, P.O. Box 3732, Knowlton, QC, J0E 1V0
3. Payment due: As soon as we have confirmed you have a space in the program.
4. All students (new or returnee) must register online for their C.A.D.S insurance which is 40$. Click here for the link to the page and then click on "New User Registration" to register and follow the simple procedure provided. Have your credit card ready. If you have any problems, call the office at 450-243-5985 for assistance.
Individual Day Lesson:
Individual day lessons are available; although, depending on the availability of instructors. The cost is $75 and includes a lift ticket, adaptive equipment, and an instructor.
Who can participate? :
Our ski program is designed for all individuals with physical disabilities age 9 and older who require adaptive equipment and lessons.
Each year, more than 80 people volunteer to help us teach the ski courses using specially adapted equipment. We have volunteer instructors, assistant-instructors, snow mobile drivers, and office assistants, which all help make our winter program such a success. If you would like to help out in our organization, which supports people with special needs, please fill out the registration form on our web site indicating that you would like to volunteer. For more information visit our Volunteer page.
A.S.F is a non-profit organization that counts on the generous support from individuals, corporations, and foundations to help us offer quality programs to individuals with disabilities. Such support allows us to pay for our special equipment, staff training, and underwrites the cost of lessons. We can give a tax receipt as we have a Charitable registration number.
Winter Program Location:
Our alpine ski lessons take place at Owl’s Head Ski Resort in Mansonville, Quebec. The best skiing in the East!
You may contact us by email at admin [at] sportsadaptes [dot] ca or by phone 450-243-5985.